Vectera has a very strong focus on R&D. Big and small improvements are released on a regular basis. A chronological list of new features and improvements can be found here. Infrastructure updates and bug fixes take a considerable amount of time but these are only mentioned if you will notice them.
Big updates are covered on the blog. Questions or suggestions? We really listen to your feedback on chat or email@example.com.
29 April 2021
Big news in today’s release notes!
- Bigger group meetings (Beta): We’ve got a working, closed beta-version to support bigger group meetings up to 10 people with audio and video-enabled. If you’d like to test our beta version, don’t hesitate to reach out! Become a beta tester
- A bug is fixed, that allows you to drag and drop images from Chrome tabs into your meeting room. Make sure that you’re dragging the image file and not a URL (eg. image from Google images).
12 April 2021
- Extra keyboard shortcuts: New keyboard shortcuts to open the chat (CMD/CTRL + C) and to toggle picture-in-picture for other participants’ cameras (CMD/CTRL + X). You can check all the keyboard shortcuts in this help article or in the meeting room overview (CMD/CTRL + K).
- Share screen/cobrowse improvement: Meeting room participants will now be able to only share or cobrowse 1 screen at a time. This reduces the number of streams and screen clutter which will improve the quality of the meeting.
- The message ‘The host has ended the meeting.’ will now show on a guest’s screen when the host selects ‘End call for everyone’ or after resetting the meeting room.
30 March 2021
- Offer your clients a discount with coupon codes: You can now offer coupon codes to your clients who want to book a meeting. Integrate with Stripe, create a coupon code and share the coupon codes with your clients. This help article guides you through these steps!
- PTZ controls update: We've updated the PTZ controls in presenter mode. It's now impossible for guests to zoom in/out when presenter mode is activated.
- Download logs on IOS devices: You can now take logs of the session on IOS devices by clicking 5 times on the header menu (= your profile image or initials).
23 March 2021
- Camera dimension: The camera dimension has been changed to 16:9, meaning that cameras will show wider than before. When centralizing all cameras, including your own camera, the available space in the meeting rooms will be optimised.
- Camera resolution upgrade: The resolution from camera's has been improved to support 720p cameras if supported.
22 March 2021
- PTZ-controls support: Pan-tilt-zoom cameras are now supported in Vectera. Note that this feature is not active by default yet. Contact the Vectera team if you're interested to activate this!
- Hide logo on booking page: When your subscription has the whitelabel add-on you can hide the Vectera or custom logo by adding ?hideLogo to the URL of your booking page. You can find more info in this help article!
- A spinner on booking pages: A spinner has been added when loading a booking page to improve the clarity of the booking pages.
- Improved handling of a trashed meeting room when someone books a follow-up online meeting.
15 March 2021
Some meeting room and branding improvements, a big backend update, and some bug fixes:
- Resend meeting room invites: The Vectera dev team added the possibility to resend meeting room invites with the same customized text as previously.
- Show audio/ video settings during knocking: When a guest wants to join the meeting room by knocking, (s)he will now be able to change the audio/video settings during the knocking process.
- Improved Vectera branding in meeting rooms: If a custom logo or background is active in your meeting rooms, you will now notice a small Vectera logo in the left bottom of your meeting rooms. If your subscription has Whitelabel, the Vectera branding is optional!
- Booking URL only in lower case letters - part 2: Every existing booking link with capital letters will now forward to the same URL in lower case letters. Upper case letters are not possible in booking links anymore!
- The Share button in meeting rooms is renamed Invite. This will prevent that guests click on the wrong button when trying to share their screen.
- Raw HTML text is now disabled for chat messages.
- The Vectera dev team fixed a bug where certain characters showed on the next page when downloading a whiteboard.
10 March 2021
- New payment options: The Vectera dev team added extra payment options to booking pages. Connect your Vectera account to Stripe, activate relevant payment methods for your currency and share your booking page with clients. You can find an overview of the payment methods in this help article!
- Backend update: A big backend update which makes the platform work even smoother and more secure. This should not be visible for users.
- A bug was fixed which makes downloading a snapshot work fine again.
25 February 2021An update on booking pages, recordings and some bug fixes:
- New scheduling languages: The Vectera team added 3 new languages to the booking pages. Your clients can now also choose Portuguese, Polish and Lithuanian while booking an appointment. Nuostabu!
- ReCAPTCHA on booking pages: To prevent bots from booking all your available moments, the Vectera dev team added a reCAPTCHA confirmation box to the booking pages. ReCAPTCHA will only show if there is a suspicion that the visitor is a bot.
- Recordings: After 2 hours the recording will be split and a new recording will start automatically. This will improve the upload and download speed.
- Booking URL only in lower case letters: Capital letters are not possible in booking links anymore. If you type a capital letter in the scheduling configuration or appointment type setup, it will change into a lower case letter.
- The Vectera dev team fixed a bug where parentheses disappeared from a formula on a whiteboard.
04 February 2021
- Camera background image: It's now possible to upload an image in Vectera for the background of your camera. As this is a team setting you can upload one image for your entire team. This help article guides you on how to upload the image and activate it in your meeting room!
- Blur background improvement: The Vectera dev team improved the blur background feature for a smoother experience.
- Scheduling parameters: You can now add a start and end date to the parameters of your booking URL. This makes it possible to let a client book a meeting between very specific dates. Just add ?startDate=YYYY-MM-DD&endDate=YYYY-MM-DD to your booking URL.
- Hide organization team members from public search: Vectera removed the option to search for Vectera users when sending a team- or meeting room invitation. Only team members will appear when you are inviting someone to your meeting room.
- Meeting room position improvements: the chat and private notes will line out to the right to have a smaller impact on the centralized document, screen or cameras.
- Bye-bye automated pictures: The automated pictures when activating your camera are deactivated. Vectera users can set up a profile picture in their profile. Guest users their initials will show in the chat.
- Backend improvements: To counter recent 'slow loading' issues the Vectera dev team decided to make some improvements to reduce database loads.
25 January 2021
Some big announcements this week regarding recordings and subscriptions!
- Recording overview: Ever wished to have an overview of your recordings in the dashboard? Well, just go to the recordings tab in the menu and have a look at your local and cloud recordings! Visit this help article for more information.
- Team size and subscription page improvements: Adding new team members will go easier than ever. Just go to your team members page and invite new members, your subscription will automatically update and the next day you will receive an overview by mail!
- Vectera Pro plan: An update in the subscription page makes it easier to switch from the Monthly Pro plan to the Yearly Pro plan. Ready to switch your subscription?
- Pre-fill custom question parameters in your booking link by adding ?cq1=answer
- Whiteboard bugfix: In some situations, only the first letter of a text box showed in a different color or size. The Vectera dev team made sure that the entire text will have your preferred color and size!
14 January 2021
We are very happy to announce the Google and Outlook/Office365 calendar integrations!
- Integrate Vectera in Google/Outlook/Office365 calendar: It's now possible to create a meeting invitation from your Google, Outlook or Office365 calendar program in the browser, thanks to the Vectera extension. These help articles show how to set it up: Google or Outlook/Office365.
- Upload a recording in incognito mode: The Vectera dev team made it possible to upload a recording to the cloud while you were hosting a meeting in incognito mode.
11 January 2021
To start the new year well, we're announcing a lot of new updates. Some new features, improvements and bug fixes:
- IOS webview: On iPhone and iPad it's now possible to start a Vectera meeting in a non-native browser (eg. Google Chrome, Firefox, Messenger, ..). Ios 14.3 is required for this!
- Opera browser: In Opera, you will now be able to use Share screen, Recordings, and Cobrowse! For recordings and Cobrowse, you will need to install the Vectera extension.
- Italian booking pages: Booking pages are now available in Italian, Fantastico!
- Custom HTML head block: In Team settings, you can now add custom HTML for the head block of your meeting and booking pages. This allows you to add a Google Analytics tracking code. This help article explains how to add the Google Analytics tracking code.
- Profile picture in Team members: Profile pictures will now be visible on the Team members page.
- Connection indicator improvement: As the connection indicator was very sensitive it often showed a bad connection while this was not the case. This behavior has been improved.
- A new request for desktop notifications: If someone visits a Vectera meeting room for the first time a notification will ask if they allow desktop notifications.
- Public link: We did some small improvements to make clear that the Public download link of a recording in the cloud can be watched outside the meeting room.
- IOS safari: As Apple did some improvements on their last update, the Vectera team decided to remove the warning message from IOS devices on the waiting screen of meeting rooms!
07 December 2020
This week we're announcing a lot of small updates which improve the usability of Vectera:
- Create new meeting rooms: When you create a new meeting room in the dashboard, it's now possible to use a space or special character without getting an error message. Spaces will change into a hyphen and special characters (eg. &, §, ç, ...) will be removed. The option to (un)lock a meeting room is removed.
- The chat and private notes are relocated to the right, to make it stand out more!
- The pop sound is disabled when a guest (de)activates the camera or microphone. The pop sound will only play if a guest enters or leaves the room and if a chat message is sent.
- Upcoming appointments will show until 15 minutes after the starting hour of the booked appointment.
- The default thickness of the pencil, the marker pen and geometric shapes in whiteboards is changed to the middle option.
18 November 2020
The Vectera dev team focussed on the reliability of meetings and some back-end updates! But we have still some announcements to make:
- Vectera team expansion: We welcome a new developer to the Vectera dev team! Welcome, Jeroen :)
- Team Access level: In the team settings you can now make it impossible to override the team access level in a meeting room. If you set the team access level on 'Should Knock' and uncheck the box 'Allow overriding ...' you can even hide the 'Team meeting rooms' tab in the Dashboard! Read more about it in this help article.
- In the reminder email for hosts, the following message was added 'Note that this email was generated when the appointment was booked. If in the meantime the appointment was rescheduled or canceled, you can safely ignore this email.' This message will not be shown in the reminder mail of your client/guest, if you edited the email reminder template.
05 November 2020
Creating new appointment types will go faster as ever and you can add terms and conditions for all your appointment types:
- Duplicate appointment types: If you want to create a new appointment type based on an existing appointment type, you can now duplicate the original one and edit the necessary settings. This help article shows you how to duplicate your appointment types!
- Add terms and conditions to your booking page: In Vectera booking pages, it will be required to add terms and conditions. Your clients and leads will need to agree to those, before booking an appointment. Team admins can add/change the terms and conditions in the Team settings, which means that it will be shown on every booking page of all the team members.
- Selecting a different microphone and speaker in Google Chrome or Edge will now show a notification to avoid audio feedback.
22 October 2020
Next to some small bug fixes this week, we have a great announcement regarding booked appointments:
- Email reminder for upcoming appointments: You can now set up email reminders for booked appointments. In that way, you and your guests will never forget an appointment. This help article shows how you can update your appointment types with email reminders!
- Last month we already updated some icons in the meeting rooms, but now also the cobrowse-icon has got a new look!
12 October 2020
This week we have some great updates to announce. Our dev team has been working on improvements for meeting rooms, scheduling and white-label options.
- End call for everyone: If you're having an online meeting with a guest, it might happen that a participant forgets to leave a session. In this case, it's very useful to end the call for all the participants. Click on Leave and select the best option. This help article explains all the options.
- Forward URL when the meeting ends: When you end a meeting with a lead or client, it is a good idea to forward them to a specific thank you page on your website. Add the URL in the team settings to make this possible. White label add-on required!
- Add parameters to reduce entering steps in the meeting room: For some guests, you want to reduce the number of steps to enter an online meeting room. That's why you can add information to the URL of the meeting room so your client doesn't need to fill in a name or select the audio/video option. This help article shows how to add this to your URL.
- Recordings end when clicking on Leave.
- Team appointment types are active by default.
05 October 2020
We're very excited to announce a big update today!
- Meeting room templates: When you have a lot of online meetings, you often upload the same documents and have the same settings. Therefore, it's very useful to prepare a meeting room template that you can use for new meeting rooms. In this help article, you can read how to create a template and how to add it to new meeting rooms and appointment types.
- Meeting room cards in the dashboard: The meeting room cards in the dashboard will now show if a meeting room is currently in use.
22 September 2020
Lately, we focussed on some bigger updates that are coming soon. Make sure to keep an eye on this page, in the coming weeks!Apart from some bug fixes we also updated 2 features this week:
- Scheduling loading times: the scheduling feature got an upgrade in loading times. Especially for team appointments, you will notice faster loading times of the booking page.
- Meeting room icons: we updated the icons in the meeting rooms, to give it a nicer look for a better meeting experience.
31 August 2020
We have great news regarding healthcare and integrations:
- HIPAA compliancy: Vectera can now be used for telehealth where HIPAA compliancy is required. Specific configurations and a signed BAA are required for HIPAA compliancy. Visit this page and fill in the form to get in touch with us for a signed BAA and more information on our healthcare plan.
- Manage and authenticate users with the API: We've added the possibility to create, manage and authenticate users with the API integration. This help article guides you in doing this.
24 August 2020
Last week we have been working on a few small updates which will make your experience nicer:
- Share recordings with a link: It's now possible to share cloud recordings outside the meeting room. Generate a link and send it to your guest, it's as simple as that. This help article shows all the options to share recordings with guests.
- Next appointment on waiting screen: As a meeting room owner you will now see the next upcoming appointment on the waiting screen of the meeting room.
- Whiteboard remains in the list and is highlighted: The activated whiteboard will now remain in the list of minimized whiteboards and files. This whiteboard will be highlighted
- Only Vectera links will show in booked appointments: Google Hangouts/meet won't show anymore when someone books an appointment with you. This Google setting can be manually deactivated but now we blocked that by default.
- Improved troubleshooting for booking pages: If one of your appointment types is not showing, it will be easier for the Vectera team to find out the cause and help you activate it again.
13 August 2020
Some small updates this week regarding meeting rooms, whiteboards, recordings and appointment types:
- Logo in the top left corner of whiteboards: You can now add your own logo automatically in the top left corner of new whiteboards for improved branding of the meeting rooms. Read this help article to find out how to add the logo in your whiteboards.
- Personal appointment type of team admin: We made it easier for team admins to create a personal appointment type in scheduling. Instead of creating a team appointment where you select only yourself, you will be able to create a personal appointment type from the beginning. This help article explains how to create one as an admin of a team.
- Limit on the number of simultaneous meetings: It's now possible to open multiple meeting rooms at the same time. In 2 meeting rooms, you will be able to activate audio and video, but in a third meeting room, you will get a limitation message.
- Download recordings during the session: When you download a recording while still being in an active meeting, you will see a message which recommends downloading the recording at the end of your session to keep the connection stable.
- Locally saved recordings: when you stop recording a session it will automatically show as a locally saved recording. We added a message that your browser might delete the recording so that we recommend to upload it in the cloud or download it on your local device.
30 July 2020
If you were looking for new ways to reset a room, you will like the updates of this week:
- More options to reset a meeting room: We've updated the reset options of a meeting room. You can choose to reset the entire room or certain parts of the meeting room. You can read all about it in this help article!
- Security message in the invite template: When you invite someone by mail to have all-time access, a security message will show at the bottom of the mail. The message will advise to keep the special acces key save and private.
- Limited download options: There will be no dropdown list if there's only one download option.
17 July 2020
We've made some changes in how to invite guests and team members to meeting rooms:
- New sharing modal: It's now possible to specify the sharing options for a meeting room. You can create a public link, private link and invite specific guests. For each option, you can select the rights. This help article will guide you!
- Share meeting rooms with team members by default: Meeting rooms will now be shared with team members by default. In the dashboard above your meeting room cards, you will see a new tab 'Team meeting rooms'. In the sharing settings of a meeting room, you can change the entering rights for team members.
- Change text waiting screen: You can now change the text on the waiting screen to a more personal message. You can change this in your Team settings.
- Feedback pop-up: We've changed the text in the feedback pop-up to make white-label even stronger. The feedback pop-up now shows "How would you rate your meeting experience?"
09 July 2020
We've added a lot of new small features this week:
- Add a profile image: You can add a profile image that will show in several places. Go to https://www.vectera.com/profile/, click on upload image and hit save. Check out this help article to see where the profile image will show!
- Custom background in meeting rooms: In https://vectera.com/team/settings/ you can now upload a background image for your meeting rooms. This background will show in all the meeting rooms of your team.
- Scheduling: Extra event statuses have been added to be seen as 'Busy'. Outlook: Events with the status Tentative, Busy or Away will not be bookable. Google: Out of office will be seen as busy.
- Whiteboard update: the menu is now split into several buttons instead of a list. If you want to download or delete a whiteboard, you don't have to click the menu icon but you can select the download or bin icon.
- Picture-in-picture: The pin icon will show permanently on minimized streams.
- Small revamp of the profile page: You can add a profile image and the layout of checkboxes has changed.
- Private notes will be active by default.
- Update in the way the cookies consent is shown.
24 June 2020
This week we introduced some updates related to meeting rooms, booking pages and a new integration:
- Full-screen mode: You can now activate full-screen mode in your meeting rooms. In the right top of the meeting room, you will see an expand button. If you click on it the meeting room will show in full-screen mode. This help article shows how to activate it and how it can be used.
- New integration: ActiveCampaign. You can now integrate Vectera with ActiveCampaign for a smooth crm flow. When a client books a meeting through your booking page, you have to possibility to automatically add a contact and account, add the contact to an existing list and create or update a deal. To use the integration you will need the scheduling add-on. This help article shows how to make the integration.
- Improved share screen snapshots: If you take a snapshot of the shared screen, it will now show minimized to keep your shared screen active in the center of the room. All snapshots will now show in the same whiteboard instead of different whiteboards.
- A better way to embed the booking page on your own website: you can now copy an embeddable link from your scheduling page to show the booking page well in every browser. Adding a custom domain link could give some issues in Safari, the embeddable link solves this problem. This help article shows how to add the embeddable link into your own website.
- Clients in the trial can extend the trial by adding team members to their team. Every new member will extend the trial period with 2 weeks up to a max of 10 weeks.
- Limit session durations to 12 hours: If a meeting room is open for 12 hours you will be asked to refresh the page.
05 June 2020
After the big freemium/pro versions launch we did some smaller updates concerning the waiting screen of meeting rooms:
- Test devices automatically before joining the meeting room: When selecting Audio+video or Audio only the main devices will be checked automatically. The camera will be activated, the microphone will show in bars and the speaker can be tested. You will still have the possibility to change devices if necessary.
- Snooze people in waiting screen on mobile: As a meeting room owner on mobile it can be disturbing when another person is knocking to enter the room. Now you can snooze the person by clicking on the X and you will see on the left top side of the room who's waiting to enter.
- Disable login on the waiting screen for users with white label: If white label is active in your subscription your guests won't be seeing 'Already have an account? login here' anymore.
- Bug fix: The custom background image on the waiting screen of meeting rooms didn't show anymore for subscriptions without the white label add-on. This is fixed!
02 June 2020
We offered Vectera for free to help people out during the covid-19 period. As June started, the free period is over and we introduced Vectera Pro and a freemium Version. All information about Vectera Pro and the freemium can be found on https://go.vectera.com/pricing.
25 May 2020
A few very nice updates this week that have been asked by many users:
- A list of upcoming appointments is shown in the dashboard: In the dashboard you can now see the first 5 upcoming appointments. You will be able to see which appointment type it is, the date of the meeting, the type of meeting and with whom.
- Blur the background: In Google Chrome and the new Edge version you can blur the background of your camera. Only you will be visible while the background will be blurred so details are not visible. In this help article you can find out how to activate it.
- Show multiple camera's in PictureInPicture mode: It's now possible to pin multiple camera's, just click on the pin icon (right top corner) when you hover over another participant's camera.
- Powered by Vectera is clickable: When somebody clicks on 'powered by Vectera' on a booking page or the waiting screen of a meeting room, they will be forwarded to www.vectera.com in a new window. If you're logged in you will be forwarded to your dashboard in a new window.
- Non-admins of a team can't delete their account anymore, they will first need to leave the team before they can delete the account.
- Cursors of other participants are now also visible in presenter mode.
- Resetting a meeting room works smoother.
15 May 2020
After the big updates in the beginning of May, we have added some smaller ones last week:
- Rejoin a meeting: If a guest leaves a locked meeting room actively, they will have to knock to rejoin the meeting. Rejoining within 2 minutes after a disconnection will not require to knock again.
- Detect first day of the week: Based on your browser language we will show the correct first day of the week eg. EN - US will show Sunday as first day.
- Update in Teamleader/Salesflare integration: An update in the connection between Vectera and the Teamleader/Salesflare integration.
- Auto-reset option for meeting rooms: We've added the option to auto-reset meeting rooms 2 minutes after the meeting room owner left the room. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to see if your subscription is eligible for this feature.
- Team management: Non-admins can't delete their account anymore.
- Content: We've created a video to explain the Team scheduling feature for team admins and uploaded new video testimonials from our clients on our Youtube channel.
3 May 2020
We've got some big updates to announce this week!
- Team scheduling: A big update in our scheduling feature! It's now possible to add multiple team members to a team booking page and let clients select a team member to book a meeting with. Only team admins can make changes to the team booking page, read more about it in our help centre!
- Improved recordings: The recording feature has been improved to make it better and more reliable. You will notice that the way to start recordings has been changed. This help article shows how to start a recording!
- Edge support: Since Microsoft has released a new Edge version based on Chromium, Edge is now also supported for Vectera. It works exactly the same as Chrome, so it's a fully featured: recordings, share screen, co-browse, ...The old Edge version is not supported, make sure you open the correct browser!
- Screenshare in Safari: Safari has made it possible to share screens, so we immediately updated this into Vectera. Unfortunately it's only possible to share a full screen in Safari, but it's a start!
- Updates in the help centre: We've updated the scheduling part in our help centre and updated/added help articles regarding the updated/new features.
- Video testimonial: We've uploaded our first video testimonials from our clients on YouTube. Interested to create a testimonial yourself? Contact us at email@example.com!
- Media: Vectera was published in an article of the biggest financial newspaper of Belgium, De Tijd and was included in a top 20 report of best meeting software on Capterra.
17 April 2020
This week we're only announcing some content releases as the dev team is working on some big features.
- Security in Zoom versus Vectera: As many video conferencing tools are having security issues we wanted to compare Zoom with Vectera on the security part. Read the security comparison Zoom versus Vectera at this link.
- Help section: We restructured the help section in several categories for all languages to make it more clear.
- API & integrations: Next to restructuring the help section we created a categorie for API & integrations. These help articles guide you on how to set up an API to integrate Vectera with your website/platform.
10 April 2020
A few new features in the meeting room and some content releases last week:
- Copy, cut and paste text in the whiteboard: It's now possible to copy, cut and paste text into a new text box by performing a right click in the whiteboard. Select text in the whiteboard and right click to copy or cut the text, then you can right click on another place/page to paste the text in a new text box.
- Upload files from Onedrive: Previously it was possible to upload files from your computer, Google drive and Dropbox. Now we've added a fourth option: upload files from your Microsoft Onedrive account into the meeting room. Just click on Upload file from and select Onedrive. Then login into your microsoft account, select the file and upload the document.
- Vectera tutorial: We uploaded the ultimate Vectera tutorial on our youtube channel. The tutorial focusses on how to use the meeting rooms!
- New blog articles: the April update was uploaded on the blog and sent through mail to all users. We also released a blog article on why people in healthcare should use Vectera .
27 March 2020
We've added some extra options to everyone's account to counter the Covid-19 virus, updated the help center and made some small improvements:
- 100 members per team: Until June 1st, every team can add up to 100 team members to their team. All new team members can create their own meeting rooms and make an own booking page. The cloud storage per team is now 200GB. If you have any questions about this, contact us on the chat or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hide team members for non-admin users: It's possible to hide other team members for non-admin users in your team settings.
- New help center structure: All languages are now shown on different pages, meaning that we had to change the Dutch articles to a different page (you can find them at this page). At the right top of every page you can change the language of the help environment or the article.
- Spanish articles in the help center: you can find the Spanish articles at https://help.vectera.com/es/
16 March 2020
The Corona virus affects all of us. To help you stay connected with your clients, colleagues, family or friends the Vectera team has decided to make our software free and public to everyone until 1st June 2020. Read more about it in this blogpost!
09 March 2020
A few extra updates following the big update from last week.
- Team and account settings in subpages: As some people had trouble finding the team settings, we decided to reorganize the menu in the dashboard. Team settings, Team members and subscription can be found below settings in subpages on team level. Integrations and profile settings can be found below settings on account level.
- Optional to toggle on/off database search in invitations: In Team settings, you can toggle on/off the option to search members of the entire database or team members only. This will influence what you see when inviting team members and when you invite guests to have all-time access in a meeting room.
- Immediate redirect after booking a meeting: Per appointment type, you can decide whether the Vectera confirmation should show before the redirect or the redirect should happen immediately.
03 March 2020
We did a revamp of the dashboard to make it look fresh and even more accessible. Along with the revamp we made some small improvements in the dashboard and meeting rooms on mobile!
- Dashboard revamp: The layout of the dashboard received an update! What do you think? To edit your profile and/or log out of your account (no reason to really), you can navigate to the bottom left corner of your dashboard.
- Invite team members with one link: You can invite new team members by creating one link which will give them the possibility to join your team.
- Add Powered by Vectera to meeting rooms and booking pages: If you have a custom logo it's possible to add 'Powered by Vectera' to your meeting rooms and booking pages. It will show on the bottom left of your welcome screen and below the appointment types on your bookings pages. Activate this in your Team management settings.
- Custom cname redirect: Redirect your meet.mydomain.com to any page you want. Activate this in your Team management settings by filling in the redirect box below your custom domain.
- Copy booking page links easily: On your scheduling page in your profile, you can now copy the link of the booking page of one appointment by clicking the 'Copy link' box. No need to go the appointment type anymore.
- Allow clients to enter the meeting room when you're hosting the meeting room on your smartphone: As a host of the meeting room, it's now possible to let guests enter while being on mobile. There's no need for a desktop or tablet device to accept your guests in the meeting room.
- Invite improvement: We made it easier to invite guests to have all-time access. Just type the email address and click the invite button.
- Custom logo and welcome screen settings have been moved to Team management. These apply to all members in your team, so you only need to configure it once!
- Camera and microphone options will only show once in the meeting room settings. It used to happen that the same camera or microphone showed multiple times in the list of available cameras and microphones. It will only show once from now on.
21 February 2020
- Payment integration: You can integrate your Stripe account in Vectera to make appointment types required for payment. In this help article you can read how to integrate Stripe in Vectera.
- New message in Safari: A message has been added to the welcoming screen of meeting rooms in Safari, that share screen is not possible while using Safari as browser. We recommend you to use Chrome or Firefox.
10 February 2020
Start sharing the Vectera vibes with our referral program!
- The referral program is active: sign up at https://get.vectera.com/ to join the program! Soon it will be added into the Vectera dashboard.
- Invite team members in trial: You can invite up to 10 team members while being in a trial period.
20 January 2020
- German on booking pages: your clients can now select German as their language when booking an appointment with you. The language is automatically selected by your browser's language, but can be adjusted.
14 January 2020
2 Updates regarding customization:
- Editable email templates: You can edit the email templates with text to make the confirmation mails more customized. Read all about it in this help article.
- The location to change the Logo and Greet image has changed from 'Edit profile' to 'Team management'.
9 January 2020
The first updates of 2020 are live! 2 Big scheduling updates and a few smaller updates to improve the meeting rooms:
- Minimum buffer before booking: It's possible to have same day bookings now. In your appointment types you can set a custom minimum buffer before booking, which means that clients can book a meeting X-hours from now. The default setting 'next working day' is also still possible.
- Allow bookings up to x-days in the future: You can define a range for booking an appointment of a specific type between now and 90 days.
- Booking start- and end date: If you want an Appointment type only to be bookable in a specific period, then you can choose a start and end date where clients can book a meeting. In this help article you can find more information on the scheduling updates!
- Private notes are hidden in a recording: If you have activated private notes and start a recording, the notes will be hidden. You can make it visible again but then it will also show in the recording.
- A microphone icon shows green when the guests' microphone is active or red if inactive.
24 December 2019
Last product update of 2019! And we have some exciting new updates and features to share:
- Rework of our scheduling engine to allow team scheduling (coming up early 2020!) and more exciting scheduling features. All Google, Outlook and Office 365 users will be required to reconnect their calendar to Vectera by the end of January.
- French on booking pages: your clients can now select French as their language when booking an appointment with you. The language is automatically selected by your browser's language, but can be adjusted.
- Additional storage is available! Head over to vectera.com/pricing if you're in need of additional storage to upload files or recordings in your meetings rooms.
- Pricing update: we've put a lot of thought into simplifying our pricing structure. Integrations, recordings and presenter mode are now included into your subscription by default without additional fees. This will be adjusted automatically in your next billing cycle.
10 December 2019
As widely requested we are looking into improvements for the scheduler. The first part of those improvements are ready and active. More updates on the scheduler will come soon!
- Cname scheduling: The link to your booking page is now automatically customized like your custom domain. Instead of Vectera.com/book/... it will show as meet.mydomain.com/book/public-key.
- Meetings on location: When a client visits your booking page, the location of your offline meetings will be visible on the scheduling interface.
- Client email customization: When a client books a meeting (s)he will receive the confirmation mail from 'your name' with the email address email@example.com. The subject doesn't show Vectera anymore and a reply will be sent to your email address instead of Vectera.
- Upload big files: It's now possible to upload files that are bigger than 20MB! When you upload a big file in the meeting room and minimize it, new guests will not see the preview of the whiteboard and will have to click on the whiteboard to download its content.
- Text on buttons are now lowercase and have a medium weight.
29 November 2019
A few great improvements including the much requested split screen video have been released. The team has been working a lot on some big features in parallel, big update coming up mid December!
- Split screen video: Click on your video tile to have a "splitscreen" mode: you'll be able to view yourself AND the other participant of choice in equal size, perfect for eg recorded interviews.
- Better appointment titles: [online], [offline], [phone] was added before the appointment title so you'll see at a glance whether you should clean a mug for your visitor or activate your webcam.
- Whiteboards are now default in landscape, which makes the drawing surface a lot larger for regular widescreen displays.
- Intelligent suggestions for fixing Camera issues: Having troubles to activate the camera? There could be all sorts of issues: used by another application, not activated, not permitted or even taped off...Vectera shows better suggestions when things don't work as planned.
- Major mobile update: All shared content (whiteboards, screensharing, cobrowsing) is now visible on mobile devices. Same one-link click action to join meeting rooms. What's more: Buttons disappear automatically after inactivity for optimal use of every pixel on your mobile device. The video tile can be dragged around when content is shown to make sure it's not hovering over your most crucial numbers on your content.
- Setting your availability on mobile just got easier! You can now set your availability for multiple timeslots with a simple touch
- Scheduling: phone call option: Allow clients to book a simple phone call with you. You might give clients the opportunity to do a quick phonecall with you instead of a full videocall. Enable this phonecall option from the 'appointment type' settings.
- Scheduling: Book a meeting with yourself at any moment: as an admin, you can overrule the available timeslots and book a meeting at any time to be able to generate a meeting room.
- Scheduling: Timeslots can now start every 10/15/20/30/45/60 minutes depending on your preference. Eg if you have a meeting duration of 15 minutes - you can allow the meeting to start every 15 minutes instead of the default of 30 minutes.
- Meeting name "book" has been disabled as a first step for having booking links on the custom domain.
- Recording file length increased to 2 hours instead of 1 hour to cope with longer meetings. If meetings take longer than 2 hours, a separate file will be created.
- Release of CNAME custom domain in beta. The custom domain allows you have eg: meet.yourdomain.com/yourname. All other references to Vectera (logo, name, links) have been removed or altered. The current setup works but requires some technical knowledge in generating an SSL certificate. The next iteration will have automatic SSL generation.
- AM/PM versus 24h time notation: Automatic switching between 12 hour and 24 hour format based on the browser location and time preferences.
- Custom redirect after booking: Set up a custom redirect url to automatically redirect after booking. The redirect will happen automatically.
- Private notes are disabled during recordings: To make sure you don't see things you would not want to share on your recordings, private notes are disabled when recordings are running.
- The greeting screen was updated to become more in line with the main stylesheet. A new greeting image was added to make the greeting screen more professional looking while still creative and appealing.
- Logo surface improvements: The logo on the top left corner on the booking pages is bigger -> more focus on your brand!
- Recording improvement: auto download to "downloads" folder after you stop the recording or leave the meeting room (when you're the host)
- Better long distance connections: By reducing the queue of websocket messages, connections start faster and the "connecting" spinner is shown less frequently.
- Be able to remove appointment types
- Be able to fully remove meeting rooms. Meeting rooms that were used for appointments will not be accessible again.
While working on CNAME custom domain and custom emails, some smaller urgent fixes
- Don't send signup invitation after you invite someone from the meeting room.
- Don't show infinite overlay while recording for better recording results.
- Change text "video meeting" to "online meeting" to prevent confusion for participants that join with audio-only
- Sort appointment types alphabetically on the booking page
- SalesFlare integration is here!
- Pooled storage: All meeting storage is pooled for the entire organisation.
- More colors for the whiteboards
- Notification if someone changes the video to audio only (so you won't be surprised that video is disabled)
- Better handling of failing microphones
- Improved knock screen with login link
- Update TURN server infrastructure for better global connections with restrictive firewalls.
- Allow booking page parameters: https://www.vectera.com/book/oliververstraeten/ererg/?firstName=Thomas&lastName=Vandeurfirstname.lastname@example.org&company=Door2door&phone=093120037 will fill in the details for the appointment automatically.
- Improved tooltips (from tooltip.io)
- Fix dashboard menu not visible on mobile
- Improve labels for joining meeting room
- Improve text for pricing
- [Major update] Team management: Growing team and need more licences? We got you covered: you can now easily invite new team members to your Organization. Check out https://www.vectera.com/organization/ to learn more. This update is the foundation of many more exciting new features that will ease the life of managing a team (such as consistent brand appearance, appointment types, group scheduling etc)
- Spanish translations: Connect with your clients in Spanish. Bookings + meetings now support Spanish!
- Vectera on mobile devices, now better than ever: Vectera is now mobile ready (again), so don't hesitate to join a meeting with your smartphone! We'll add more improvements for mobile experiences in the near future.
- More stable connection quality indicator: The network quality detection algorithm has been fine tuned to give more accurate results. Don't shoot the messenger!
- Infinity mirror tweaks: Sharing your own screen gives the inevitable "infinity mirror effect": you see your own screen shared which is in turn shared etc. We improved the overlay to make sure you can still see what is being shared without the fuzzy look.
- Improved joining process text: Join without sharing => Join without sharing audio / video is more clear.
- Custom invite message: When you invite someone to a meeting room, you can now customise the message you send along with the meeting room URL. Give it a try by clicking the Invite button in a meeting room!
- Translations have landed! All public scheduling pages are now available in two languages: English and Dutch. More languages coming soon.
- Need help or got questions? Visit help.vectera.com for practical how-to's and best practices of Vectera.
- Upgrade for testing devices: a better progress bar when you test your speaker (available in Google Chrome)
- Custom background in the waiting screen: you can customise the background of the waiting screen. Visit your profile to upload a nice, capturing image! Available in the White Label add-on or during a free trial.
- Improved pricing page & signup flow: The signup flow and pricing page is more intuitive and allows you to set up Vectera according to your (organisation) needs.
- Updated whiteboard limit: Add as much whiteboards and files as your system (and the other participant's system) can handle. The hard limit on the number of files was removed and only warning will be shown when uploading more files/whiteboards.
- Improved whiteboard tools: The whiteboard tools menu is improved: Thanks to client feedback, we discovered that the tool option menu was hard to find. The tool menu is now included on the tool itself, similar to the experience you might expect from other graphical software. Next, there is better color indication so you know which color is used when you start drawing.
- Remember audio/video preferences: When multiple audio/video sources are connected, the most (recently) used source will be shown.
- Scheduling-reminders: Your meeting invitee get a reminder for an upcoming appointment in order to decrease the level of no-shows. You can set up the number of minutes before the reminder must be shown.
- Scheduling-location: Add your adress info and this will automatically be added to the "location" info in meeting invites.
- Better view on used storage on the dashboard
- Scheduling-logo clickable: The top left logo is now clickable
- Various landing page improvements
- Plan new meetings from the dashboard: Click on "plan new meeting" if you would like to plan a new meeting in the name of a client.
- Various landing page improvements
- Scheduling - custom questions: Ever wanted to ask the number of employees, the type of accounting software they use? You can add custom questions now for the meeting scheduling.
- Improved audio handling for participants who join meeting rooms.
- Picture - in - picture: When you are sharing your screen, the video will pop out of the Vectera screen. The video windows can be moved around your window for your convenience and will stay on top of all windows to make sure you see the person who you are talking to.
- Meeting room onboarding: The very first time you open a meeting room after signing up, a new "onboarding tutorial" is shown to get you started with the interface faster.
- Test Audio/Video integrated in the meeting interface: Very, very practical for immediat e troubleshooting: You can now test your audio/video within the meeting room itself. Less fuss, better meetings!
- Improved Teamleader sync: special characters are handled and phone number validation is taken care of before sending the phone number to Teamleader
- Login page design is aligned with signup page
- Better monitoring for websockets
- Screenshare infinite mirror effect overlay: When you return to Vectera while sharing a full screen, the screen of Vectera is shared again and creates an infinite loop of 'mirror windows'. This effect is compensated with an overlay.
- Desktop notifications: When someone wants to join your meeting room and you are not actively looking at the browser tab where the meeting room is open, a desktop notification will be shown.
- Scheduling - confirmation mail whitelabeling: Emails to clients with confirmed events are now whitelabeled - if you have the whitelabel option.
- Better browser detection before joining the conversation: When joining a conversation from the waiting screen, the browser is detected. If a non-supported browser is detected, a suggestion for another browser will be shown.
- Recording: Cloud space usage is shown in the interface
- Microphone and speaker: When a new microphone/speaker is connected, a notification appears with the question to switch to the newly connected device
- Blog: What is new page is updated
- Chat: Notification in the chat if you are the only person in the meeting
- Light interface is here! A complete make over of the entire meeting experience. Read more on the blog about the big update : https://blog.vectera.com/new-interface
- Teamleader integration: A new contact and/or deal is automagically created when a new appointment is planned. More information + setup in this blogpost
- When someone joins your meeting room, a sound will play and you'll be asked whether to accept or to decline the person.